Poor L has an ear infection again. He has been congested and coughing since the latter part of last week, and started diggin in his ear a little this weekend, so I figured it was coming...with him, it has been pretty consistant in his short two years that if he gets really congested, he is going to have an ear infection. His little ears are still learning how to function properly.
Last night he started crying as soon as I put him down to bed...and not an 'I don't want to go to bed so I am going to cry to try and get my way' cry, which BTW, doesn't work on me anymore; but a definite 'this freakin' hurts' cry. I gave him some Tylenol and got him to sleep, but he awoke a couple hours later crying, and from there it was a lot of rocking, crying, frustration and not much sleep. He finally fell asleep with me in our bed about 4:30, and when I got up for work, I left him sleep there with Daddy. I got him an appt and W took him in. But he doubted me; when I called him to tell him when the appt was, he said "L's running all over like a wild man, happy as all get out, not acting sick at all" to which I replied that it won't hurt to have them checked out anyway, just to make sure. Seriously? I knew there was something wrong, because he NEVER sleeps that horribly unless something is wrong.
So, unfortunately, my instincts were right, and he does have an infection, but I am glad I trusted myself and sent him to the Dr, as it was not a wasted trip.
So Very Many Mixed Emotions
20 hours ago
3 comments:
Always trust your mommy instincts. We have them for a reason.
So far, and you can laugh like hell if you want, but in 16 + years of parenting I have been wrong maye three times when foloowing my gut. Trust it-mama's just know.
I believe it Kori!
Weirdest part about it this time is that late last week (like Thursday or Friday) as L was really getting into his cough and congestion, my right ear started itching and just felt weird...that was about the same time my gut started making me wonder if L's ear wasn't starting to bug him. It was just weird - but I totally believe in stuff like that(especially when it comes to twins or mother/child...I mean, you shared blood and fluid and EVERYTHING for 9 months...how can there not remain a connection?). Then when he couldn't sleep Monday night, I KNEW his ear was infected, even though he had not run a fever and was not showing any other sypmtoms besides not being able to sleep that night...
Post a Comment