I am trying to hold it together, trying to look at the bright side, which is that I still have a job, but it's hard to think about anything but how you are going to make ends meet when you get told you are taking a paycut of anywhere from 15-25% (on top of the fact that your husband is laid off indefinitely and you are having a baby in two months and things were going to get squeezed to the max as it was before you got the newest news).
I won't know until closer to August what the actual cut will be. What I DO know right now is that I HAVE to have this baby before August 1. Please oh please oh please baby you have to come before August 1.
And I DO know I will be having a breakdown on my drive home.
So Very Many Mixed Emotions
20 hours ago
5 comments:
What terrible news. And why do you have to have the baby before August 1?
Oh shit. shit shit shit. I have no words of help or advice, just-shit.
I really feel for you. Try to take care of yourself in these tough times.
Thanks everybody. I am a bit more stable today, although mainly cuz I have just pushed it aside for right now. I cried myself home yesterday, which, I know, is not the safest thing to do while going down the highway at 70mph, but I couldn't hold it back anymore.
Ms. Moon - I have to have the baby before August 1 because the changes in my salary are coming in the form of healthcare cuts. There will be a drastic increase in the amount I have to pay for my healthcare coverage, and it all goes into effect Aug 1. If I have the baby before then, it won't cost us any additional out of pocket besides our deductible, which is met for the year after W's trip to the ER. If I have the baby AFTER Aug 1, our coverage drops drastically and it will cost us quite a bit of money (on top of the quite a bit of additional I will start paying toward our premium at that point), which obviously we haven't been planning for. So it would just be much much better if the baby could be out and if I was out of the hospital before the plan changes over.
I am sure things are going to work out, I mean, they have to...somehow they will work out, but I was just in shock. I mean I knew something was coming, but a 20% cut in my pay all at once? I didn't see that coming. The worst part is I don't see it ending here. I try not to blog about work, and so I won't go into it, but I just don't have a good feeling about the future with this company that I have been with for the last 10 years. Change is hard for me, and I feel that we are going to have to make lots of changes on many fronts in our life in the near future. And I am scared.
Okay. I had a feeling it was something like that. And who isn't afraid of change? Especially when children (both born and un-) are involved.
I'm wishing the best for you. In all ways.
Post a Comment