About Me

I am a 30 year old mom - of TWO BOYS!?!, wife, career woman, sister, friend, auntie and daughter and this blog is JUST FOR ME...In a busy life of putting everyone else first (as most of us mums do) it is going to be one of the things that I make time to do FOR ME...it's going to be a place for me to put down my thoughts and maybe make some sense of all the things that roll around in my head; make some sense of my journey...It's going to be a view of me, from inside.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

A sad day...

The matriarch of this family had a massive heart attack last night and is currently in critical condition, on life support and in an induced coma, at the hospital.

I am supposed to be working; I NEED to be working, but all I can think about is this family and the ache this is causing in the pit of my stomach.

I stopped by her room this morning because I had to be at the hospital anyway for work, in the exact wing she happened to be located, and I couldn't NOT stop. I didn't want to intrude, but I felt compelled to express my love and to let the family know I was thinking of them and that I was available if they needed ANYTHING.

I only stayed about two minutes, and didn't even enter the room; the whole situation felt sacred - something to be shared by the family. But the daughter (whom the letter was initally sent to) assured me that I was not, in fact, intruding, and thanked me for stopping. She mentioned the letter and said how it had had a very large impact on her mother; how proud and happy it had made her, and how they had talked about it often. All in all, I am very glad that I did stop.

That entire family means a lot to me, and has for the majority of my life. I am very saddened today. The prognosis at this point is not good - they will be doing some additional testing today. I am hoping and sending my love and energy their way.

And now I am going to try to get some work done.

3 comments:

Kori said...

I am so sorry to hear this; for her, her family, and OF COURSE for you. My thoughts and prayers will be with all of you. Sending hugs.

Ms. Moon said...

Candle-lighting happening now.
Sending love with the light....Mary

pineislandmn said...

This is a wonderful post! They are a very special family who have had an impact on many people's life's. I am so hoping the best for her and for everything to turn out.