About Me

I am a 30 year old mom - of TWO BOYS!?!, wife, career woman, sister, friend, auntie and daughter and this blog is JUST FOR ME...In a busy life of putting everyone else first (as most of us mums do) it is going to be one of the things that I make time to do FOR ME...it's going to be a place for me to put down my thoughts and maybe make some sense of all the things that roll around in my head; make some sense of my journey...It's going to be a view of me, from inside.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The mom cut update

So much to say, so little time!!

Life has been crazy; crazy and stressful and not fun, and although it could have been so much worse, I am SO GLAD to be able to say that it is not any of those things anymore. Well, not in the same bad way anyway. Still crazy and hectic, but that is just life ALWAYS.

The first three months of the year were spent in the downward spiral of the company I was working for going out of business. It was NOT FUN ONE BIT, and I never want to go through that again. And I am SO GLAD to be on the other side of that.

I am so very very lucky to have not even been unemployed for one day! On March 31st, I went to work for my old company, and at 2pm was told that the deal was done, to pack up my office and report to my new job on April 1st. It was a crazy, quick thing at the end, but I actually ended up being able to choose from multiple job offers. I feel so very fortunate in this economy to have done that. It was a very weird experience - being 'head hunted' didn't feel like I imagined it would, but there were lots of good things being said about me, TO me, by a lot of people in my industry, which was awesome but weird and hard to accept all at the same time. But it helped to me realize and ACCEPT the value of me and my abilities, and that is a good thing. Although, as I told my mom, it made me feel like I have this big reputation to live up to now. But, as she so wisely reminded me, what I have been doing all along is what earned me that rep, so as long as I continue to be myself and do what I have always done, I will be fine.

In more news, W is BACK TO WORK!!!! He started back to work in March (I think it was) with a new company, and he is loving it, and they love him! It is a very different atmosphere than he is used to, and he is thriving there. I think he is having a lot of major realization of his own worth, which is something I think he is meant to learn in this lifetime. He has always sold himself short, and this is such a good thing for him.

The boys are getting to be so big, and so fun, and so much work, LOL! Baby C is teaching us just how lucky we were with L; L was SOO EASY. And Baby C is SOO NOT. He is great and I love him, but where L was laid back and content and not whiney, Baby C is uptight and not very content and if I am being completely honest, kinda whiney!! But, of course, I wouldn't change him for the world, and all the good outweighs the bad.



Aren't they cute??

And here's me and my little mini me, L:



And Baby C, because he makes my heart melt...




And finally, since everything was feeling like a new start, I decided to do something drastic with my hair! It's been WAY too long, and I am glad I did it. It kinda feels like the 30 something Mommy cut, which in a way I am okay with, but it doesn't QUITE fit my personality, so my stylist friend and I are going to get together and tweek it a bit yet.

Here's the before (without makeup, LOL!)


and the after (with makeup)

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

Ah- great update and great pictures of such beautiful people!
I'm so glad things are going well.