About Me

I am a 30 year old mom - of TWO BOYS!?!, wife, career woman, sister, friend, auntie and daughter and this blog is JUST FOR ME...In a busy life of putting everyone else first (as most of us mums do) it is going to be one of the things that I make time to do FOR ME...it's going to be a place for me to put down my thoughts and maybe make some sense of all the things that roll around in my head; make some sense of my journey...It's going to be a view of me, from inside.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Re-writing my life...

I am not having very much luck eloquently expressing the stuff that is swimming around my head the last couple of days; the few moments I have sat down to try and post all that came us was a bunch of really badly written junk. Then I read pisceshanna's post, Erase your life and thought I would try it on for myself. So here goes my shot at erasing and rewriting my life...

In my new life, I have made my hobby my career, and I get to take photos of people and places and things and get PAID for it. I no longer have to work for silver spoon babies who have no idea what real life struggles are. I am home with L most days, but still send him to daycare or to nana and papa's occasionally so he can hang with his cousins and his friends and so we both get a break from each other. I make my own schedule, and have completely erased the daily grind of a 9-5 job from my mind.

In my new life, J has a job that he loves, and that pays him what he is worth. He gets home at a decent time every night, and we get lots of quality time together. He doesn't come home with callouses on his hands and feet, and he doesn't get out of bed and fall over as his hip seizes up.

In my new life, my dad is a recovering alcoholic, and instead of wallowing in failed dreams and biding his time drinking himself to death he is healthy and happy and spends lots of quality time with L. He and mom have been able to retire, and they do lots of camping and traveling in the RV. Mom and I have an AWESOME relationship, and I don't feel ashamed of or disappointed in them.

In my new life, my best friend R and her children are happy and healthy and have a calm and peaceful life that they so deserve. They smile and laugh and play.

In my new life I have enough time to keep in touch with all of my friends on a regular basis. We have time to do lunch or coffee or just hang out.

In my new life I am back to the body I had when I got married complete with breasts that came through pregnancy and breast feeding like champs and are still perky and plump and stay up where they are sposed to be!! I no longer suffer from this damn adult acne (WTH is this shit anyway?? I never had acne as a teen, why now?) and the belly ring that I lost to emergency surgery has been restored. Most importantly, I am able to recognize that I am SMOKIN' hot and appreciate my womanly curves, but I am humble enough to still come off as the hot chic who doesn't realize she is.

In my new life, J and I have the steamy sex life of 20 year olds just discovering each others bodies...

Alright, back to reality...I have things to get done, and a bed to crawl into so I can get up and live my REAL life tomorrow...BUT, this post has made me realize that some of the things in my 're-written life' are attainable in this life, and I just need to work on making them happen...

No comments: