I kinda can't believe I am 30.
30 doesn't feel like I thought it would...
My idea of what 30 is has really changed since I was 16 or 18 or 21 and thinking about SOMEDAY turning 30!
I'm okay with this :0)
I don't have anything profound to say about it at the moment. Like I said the other day; I am looking forward to 30...I am more sure of who I am today and that feels good. I feel more at home in my own skin than I ever have, and that feels GREAT.
I brought doughnuts to work today (that's our thing; when it's your birthday you have to bring something), and my employer's are buying us lunch today to celebrate 3 recent birthdays in our office. I only have to work half a day, then off to see the dr. for my 12 week check up...I am hoping to hear the little bean's hearbeat on doppler today....and hoping that my blood pressure is acceptable. And I think we will have some dinner with some friends of ours tonight. That would be nice, to not have to cook on my birthday :0)
There it is, I have now entered the next decade of my life...I am optimistic that it is going to be a good 10 years.
In honor of my birthday, I thought I would share a glimpse of me with you...because I have actually seen photos of a few of the bloggers I follow recently, and never ceased to be amazed with how we get a picture of someone in our heads, and how weird it can be to see what they ACTUALLY look like and how it compares to the picture we have in our head; here you go...see how this compares...
I never felt more beautiful in my life than I did on this day...I was 26.

And just for the heck of it, here I am NOT all done up and tan, just my usual ole pale and pasty self, LOL...This was August 2007 at the cabin with an equally pale and pasty little baby L...

Don't get used to it, though, I don't plan on posting many pics of myself. Except maybe in a couple of years when I have worked all this baby fat off and am back to where I was in that wedding photo from when I was 26...I AM going to get back there SOMEDAY.
4 comments:
A big Happy 30th Birthday to you!!
Happy 30th Birthday!
And YAY for pictures... I am always fascinated with real pictures! You HAVE to post more... even though you said you were going to wait a couple years - Just do it! You're perfect just as you are :)
Happy, happy birthday. For me, my life didn't really start kicking in until my 30's, and even now, when things are not so great, I still love my 30's. I hope you do as well! And the photos are wonderful; NOT what I pictured of you, ha ha.
Happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment