About Me

I am a 30 year old mom - of TWO BOYS!?!, wife, career woman, sister, friend, auntie and daughter and this blog is JUST FOR ME...In a busy life of putting everyone else first (as most of us mums do) it is going to be one of the things that I make time to do FOR ME...it's going to be a place for me to put down my thoughts and maybe make some sense of all the things that roll around in my head; make some sense of my journey...It's going to be a view of me, from inside.

Friday, January 30, 2009

All those sheets and blankets...

When L was born, we got about 5 crib sheets and about 95 million baby blankets. No joke. I used to wonder what the HELL I was ever going to do with 95 million baby blankets, and really, do I *need* 5 crib sheets? I mean, really, you need one and another for when you are washing the first, right?

Ummm, yeah. Enter The Flu.

When your 2 year old wakes up puking his brains out at midnight, you quickly find out how handy those 5 crib sheets and 95 million blankets really can be. There was a point where I even thought I would run out. I *did* run out of crib sheets, so the last time he puked, when it was mainly just the few sips of water I had let him have (because he was begging me for some milk), I covered the wet spot up with a towel, rocked him back to sleep and put him on the other end of the crib.

Hey - when it's 5am and you haven't slept a lick since midnight, you've changed the sheets, the blankets and the kid 6 times already,you do what you gotta do.

Needless to say, it was a rough night.

Now, if *I* can just avoid getting the flu...

No comments: