
As I was leaving the house this morning, I noticed that this plant, that hangs in our laundry room / cat room / entry / sun room (not that you could sit in there, it literally is a little entry way that at one point was built onto the outside corner of the house, but it has lots of windows and is sunny) is in bloom.
I have had this plant for almost 6 years, and it has never had flowers on it before. I did not even know it COULD grow flowers. Weird. And pretty. And, I will tell you this as I laugh at myself; when I saw them, I actually reached out to touch them while thinking "Are those REAL?" Ya know, like you might do at someone ELSE'S house when you see a pretty plant / flower and you don't ACTUALLY KNOW whether or not the plant is real, so you reach out to touch it....Yeah...I am claiming innocence on that little momentary lapse of clarity and blaming it, once again, on preggo brain.
I don't know what type of plant this is, but it is my favorite houseplant, because it is unique (as far as vining house plants go) and because of how it came to be mine...W says I 'stole' it, but I did no such thing...I just *accidentally* broke a little piece off of a plant that was for sale at Target while shopping one day - literally, it was ONE LEAF AND ABOUT 1" OF STEM - and took it home and nursed that little clipping until it sprouted enough roots to plant. And today, it is a big beautiful thriving house plant. Which I am proud of. And think is unique and beautiful and which decided out of the blue that it should sprout some flowers and bloom.
Huh.
3 comments:
I love that! My favorite plants came from cuttings too- some with their owner's permission, others more stealthily acquired.
Beautiful.
That isn't stealing; that isn't even borrowing. That is a simple mistake anyone could easily make while brushing up against a plant in the garden section; and look how beautiful it is!
See, I have been tried by jury of my peers and proven NOT GUILTY of stealing...need to tell W that.
The other part that I didn't mention is that I find it a little bit curious that this plant decided to bloom NOW, while I am full on pregnant, and they are PINK flowers, non the less...hmmm, part of me thinks that this little *GIRL* in my belly maybe had something to do with that ;0)...
Post a Comment