About Me

I am a 30 year old mom - of TWO BOYS!?!, wife, career woman, sister, friend, auntie and daughter and this blog is JUST FOR ME...In a busy life of putting everyone else first (as most of us mums do) it is going to be one of the things that I make time to do FOR ME...it's going to be a place for me to put down my thoughts and maybe make some sense of all the things that roll around in my head; make some sense of my journey...It's going to be a view of me, from inside.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

41weeks + 2 days...It's time...

In a little over 2 hours, we will be checking in to the birthing center so my doctor can break my water and get this show on the road, although I cannot believe I have not started full blown labor on my own yet.

As of Friday morning, I was dilated to 5cm, 80% effaced and baby was at like +2 station...All signs point to go, but this baby just doesn't want to come out!! So we will be going in, and my doctor thinks that just breaking my water should be enough to put me into labor well enough. So hopefully no pitocin even, which would be great.

My massage therapist friend L is going to be there with W and I for labor, to help me try to do this without an epidural. I am hoping since I am halfway there already that this will be a quick labor, and all will go well.

I am SO EXCITED!!! AHHH!!!! I cannot believe that within mere hours we will FINALLY get to meet this baby!! I am nervous as well, but I know we can do this.

I just SO HOPE this baby is healthy. Please oh please oh please let the baby be healthy...

And what I really want to do right now, at 4:42 am is go upstairs and hold my baby L, who is not a baby anymore, but told me today that 'he is little...he is baby L' and in my heart that is so true and wasn't it just yesterday that I was giving birth to HIM? And I am feeling melancholy cuz now it's all going to change, and he will no longer be my only baby, and he will have to move over and share my heart...and although it is such SUCH a joyous thing, it is also a bit of a sad thing too. And I want to just go hold him for a bit and smell him and remember him just like this, before he becomes 'the big brother'. Lately, like the last couple of weeks, he has felt like he has aged quite a bit. And I have a feeling that is going to expound once this baby is born. My baby L.

So, I will be back home in a few days with photos and stories...Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I am SO excited for you and can't wait to hear all.
Blessings and joy and all good wishes....

Kori said...

By now, maybe you have already had the little one...and I am thinking af all of you, and hope and pray that all has gone or is going well.