About Me

I am a 30 year old mom - of TWO BOYS!?!, wife, career woman, sister, friend, auntie and daughter and this blog is JUST FOR ME...In a busy life of putting everyone else first (as most of us mums do) it is going to be one of the things that I make time to do FOR ME...it's going to be a place for me to put down my thoughts and maybe make some sense of all the things that roll around in my head; make some sense of my journey...It's going to be a view of me, from inside.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's all good...

My Dr. appt yesterday went well...My blood pressure was 134/65, so actually a titch better than last time at 134/70. YAY! I told the doctor that I had convinced myself that it was going to be really high and that she was going to want to pull me out of work already or some crazy thing...She said she wouldn't be surprised if it does go up later, to which I said later, MUCH later, is one thing, RIGHT NOW is another!

So that was good. I also DID get to hear the baby's heartbeat, even though my uterus is tipped slightly backward, which makes it harder to hear the baby's heartbeat, little bean was being cooperative :0)

Other than that, all they did was ask me 10 pages of questions and take like a pint of my blood.

It seems, though, that Mother Nature decided that I would like a head cold for my 30th birthday...I woke up with a sore throat, pounding head, painful sinuses and a general achy feeling. Tylenol is the only thing I can take right now, which seems to have knocked it down enough for me to work, for now...This probably explains the headaches I have been getting the last couple of days, which I was attributing to possible high blood pressure. UGH, just when I am starting to feel almost normal and getting through a really bad 1st trimester, I get socked with this...par for the course, I guess.

Hopefully I will be feeling better by this weekend and can enjoy going out to celebrate my birthday.

3 comments:

Kori said...

What good news! I am glad htat this appointment went so well; I know you have been worried. Also, have you tried any of the medicinal teas for your cold symptoms? I used them when I was prego with Owen, and they really, really work.

justme said...

I hadn't thought about some herbal tea, which I do love and know do work, I will have to stop at the good food store on my way home and find some, thanks! :0)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Capricorn! Hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy it :)