About Me

I am a 30 year old mom - of TWO BOYS!?!, wife, career woman, sister, friend, auntie and daughter and this blog is JUST FOR ME...In a busy life of putting everyone else first (as most of us mums do) it is going to be one of the things that I make time to do FOR ME...it's going to be a place for me to put down my thoughts and maybe make some sense of all the things that roll around in my head; make some sense of my journey...It's going to be a view of me, from inside.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Just life

I have to say again that W is so much more enjoyable when he is not BEYOND exhausted in the evenings from working all day. He has the energy to play with L so much more, and he is so much more the funny, carefree, happy man I fell in love with.

Last night we BOTH went for a walk with L so he could take a trike ride to g-mas house. Even though W really probably shouldn't have walked that far on his ankle (I don't think I have even mentioned THAT yet...I will) and he was even running, which he really shouldn't have done, it was SO NICE to do that as a family. Usually it is L and I. Which I don't mind, really, I love my walks and our time together is great after being apart all day, but it is nice to have daddy along too.

So, the ankle. W called me a few weeks ago at work about 8:30am and informed me that he fell off a ladder and that I should probably come home and take him to the ER. He fell from about 12' but thankfully was not hurt too seriously. He sprained his foot and ankle in multiple places, and got stitches under his chin, and fractured a rib (or two...he didn't tell the doctor about that or me either, until after the fact, so there were no x-rays of his ribs. He knew from previous experience that there isn't much they can do for a fractured rib, although I was still angry at him for not telling the doctor OR ME about that part). So, yeah, it could have been SO MUCH WORSE and we are SO thankful that it wasn't. I work with a guy who fell from 7' and SHATTERED both of his wrists a few years ago. And I guess since we will be having the baby this year causing us to have to pay our full insurance deductable ANYWAY, AND seeing that he is laid off anyway, I guess if it was going to happen, it couldn't have happened at a better time. (See? Right there, so much to be thankful for.)

So due to that, he has been pretty sore and healing the last few weeks, and the last time he went for a walk with us he really over did it on his foot. But I am glad that he came last night, and he seems to be no worse for it today, which means he is healing.

Other than that, not much going on. Pregnancy is good. This baby is CRAZYYYY! Super active, which is good. Although I am hoping this one has a personality similar to L's (and W's) laid back personality, I am beginning to think we ARE going to get our crazy Devil's spawn child this time.

I am reading a book called The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, and it ROCKS. Just what I was craving right now; a heavy, emotional, deep story with characters and a story line that really pulls me in and lets me escape in someone else's strife (a fictional someone else...I wouldn't want to escape into a real person's strife...although it is a factually based fictional story, but really, I guess, there is not much fictional strife that has not or is not happening to a living person...). A story that helps remind me of the important things in life, and that others have made it through much worse than what I am facing. The two books I tried prior to this one just weren't doing it for me, and I returned them to the library unfinished...which I HATE to do, but maybe I will try them again some other time and be able to finish. They were The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath (Marissa - I picked that one up cuz of you...I really wanted to finish it, but alas it was just taking me too long to get through) and The Lord of The Flies.

The only problem is that I am staying up way too late reading!! That combined with the fact that after a few hours either on the couch or in the bed my back is achy and I toss and turn for the rest of the night, not getting very good sleep, is making me one tired mama. **SIGH** I know I might as well get used to it again, as it will be the story of my life for at least the next year. Although it is well well WELL worth it, it is one of my least favorite things...I do love me some sleep!! When I am done with this book (which will probably be this weekend) I have Life of Pi waiting for me. Hoping that one grabs me too.

Oh, I also discovered the awesome fact that you can borrow DVD's from the library. For FREE. And keep them for TWO WEEKS. Yeah - it's FREE! LOL...We were going to rent Madagascar for L last weekend, and I happened to be stopping at the library to pick up books and my co-worker asked me to return some items for her, and one was a DVD...DUH, I thought, maybe the library has Madagascar? And they DID! And I didn't have to pay $3 (plus late fees) and L got to watch it over and over again for days. I took it back and found another one that he is loving - They Might Be Giants "Here Come the One, Two, Threes". The only downfall is the selection gets pretty picked over, but I have some reserved and can find good enough stuff in the meantime.

So yeah, that's life right now. Just floating on. I am still not watching much in the way of news so as to help keep the anxiety at bay. And it's working, which I am thankful for. In this time of so much struggle, I am finding SO MUCH that I have to be thankful for. And that ROCKS.

4 comments:

Ophelia Mourne said...

sounds like you are happy :o)
for the little things
and thats all we can ask for, right?

The Bell Jar is good, I think you have to be in the right mood to read it though, its depressing.

I loooooved Pigs in Heaven and The bean trees... I think its the other way around but they both stick in my mind and I havent read them in sooo long.

oneheavenlyheart said...

OH SHOOT!!! I'm sorry you didn't like the book. I think it was interesting to me because the lady killed herself in real life at a young age after struggling w/ mental issues. Oh well!

I would recommend others, but all the ones I've read lately have been either highly disturbing or self-help type things.

My two favorite books of all time though (and ignore the lame movies made after them and just read the book) are: Cry the Beloved Country and Feast of Love.

justme said...

Ophelia - good to hear from you...For some reason my blogroll wasn't updating with your posts, and so I thought you were on hiatus for a month...decided to check in with you yesterday and say "Hello???" and seen I have some catching up to do!

I definitely want to read The Bean trees and Pigs in heaven - they were checked out right now.

Marissa - I *was liking* the Bell Jar, it just wasn't doing a very good job right now of keeping me reading quickly enough. LOL, if that's makes any sense. I do intend to try it again at some point, because I am interested in knowing how the story turns out.

I will be checking out the other two you mentioned as well :0)

Red said...

How awesome is the library?! I love it for a free afternoon of fun. Champ and I often walk there and spend about half an hour going through the books and DVDs (basically until he gets bored and starts climbing the shelves). The home we go and have lots of fun reading until it's time for me to cook dinner, which is when the DVD comes out!