About Me

I am a 30 year old mom - of TWO BOYS!?!, wife, career woman, sister, friend, auntie and daughter and this blog is JUST FOR ME...In a busy life of putting everyone else first (as most of us mums do) it is going to be one of the things that I make time to do FOR ME...it's going to be a place for me to put down my thoughts and maybe make some sense of all the things that roll around in my head; make some sense of my journey...It's going to be a view of me, from inside.

Friday, June 12, 2009

New life...





My brother doesn't make boys.

Damn.

I just (like just as in within the last hour) became an auntie for the third time!!! My little niece MJ (her initials) was born via c-section this morning to my brother and his wife, which gives them 3 beautiful little girls! I am so excited to have another little life in our family to love and watch grow. But I will be BRUTALLY honest when I say that I had SO SO hoped that they would have a boy. I SO wanted my brother to experience raising a boy, and I really wanted a nephew! For me, and for L to have another little boy to play with in the family. When I told W they had another girl, and that I was having gender disappointment, he said "You're REALLY going to have gender disappointment when ours comes out and it's another boy!" We'll just see who's right on that one ;0) Honestly, it will be easier to get over my disappointment of my OWN child's gender than it will my niece's I think. Although I know when I hold her it just.won't.matter.

I am very excited that they named her what they did...I LOVE that I will be able to call her MJ...If I had a girl when we had L, I really liked the idea of MJ for her first name, or a combination of first/middle names that would allow me to call her MJ, but W was DEAD SET against it...so now I have my little MJ!!

I am off work today (YAY!) and have my ultrasound this afternoon, which just so happens to be right down the hallway from where they are staying, so I will be meeting the little peanut this afternoon. I am so excited to hold a fresh new little baby again :0) It's very nice of my brother and sister in law to have children 6 weeks ahead of me each time so that I can get my baby fix while I am in the midst of SO wanting to be done with my own pregnancies :0) (My first niece was born 6 weeks ahead of L.)

*SIGH* Ah, new life :0) It just doesn't get any better than this. So much potential and promise of love and happiness to be experienced as this new little one grows...

I love my brother so damn much, and even with my gender disappointment, I am SO happy for him...Because REALLY, it doesn't matter. What matters is that we have a new, HEALTHY member of our family, and for that, I am extremely thankful.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Congratulations!

Kori said...

Are you going to find out the gender of yours?

justme said...

Thanks Ms. Moon!

Kori - no we aren't finding out the sex :0) Although I am feeling pretty sure that I am having my girl this time...W thinks I am having another boy (which he is hoping for) and so we will just see who is right!