My newest little niece, MJ, needs a little healing energy sent her way.
On Saturday they transferred her to the local Children's Hospital because her breathing was rapid and something just wasn't quite right.
Turns out she has an air pocket in one of her lungs (don't remember what it is called) that prohibits it from inflating all of the way, so her respiration is quickening to try and make up for the not-quite-functioning-properly lung. They did a bunch of tests, and for the most part things are fine, and they believe she will be just fine, but they are treating her for pneumonia with antibiotics, which should cure the problem, but also means she has to stay in the hospital until Friday of this week. My brother and his wife are not able to stay there, and it is about 40 minutes from their house, and I can just imagine how hard it is on my sister in law to have to be seperated from her 4 day old baby. On one hand, SHE does need to get her rest; she had major surgery last Friday, and yet, I know I would be feeling the same way - I am FINE, don't worry about ME, just let me be with my baby.
So anyway, any spare energy / prayers / whatever you do or call it for them would be great.
My ultrasound. It went well. Me and the ultrasound tech are buddies, being as I saw him about 15 times with my last pregnancy, and have seen him 3 times now with this one, and he usually tells me a little bit more than he is sposed to, I think. So he told me that my amniotic fluid levels are fine (which was the first concern), and that baby looks good; good, and BIG. I was 33weeks on Friday when I had the ultrasound, and baby is measuring 36 weeks. WHOA. The measurements he took give the baby an estimated weight of 5lbs 15ozs, give or take 14 ozs. So, this baby could be anywhere between 5lbs and 7lbs ALREADY. 97th percentile. He said the baby should come in under 30 lbs...LOL. I still 'technically' have 7 weeks to go, which gives the baby lots of time to grow...which is kinda scary!
So anyway, baby is healthy. I haven't heard from my doctor yet, but I am pretty sure she is not in on Mondays, so I probably won't hear from her until tomorrow. I am trying not to worry, but to be honest, I am a little nervous that this baby will be huge. I am just hoping that maybe I gestate faster than 'normal' and that this baby is ready and decides to come early like L did. And above all, I just need to trust in my body's ability to deliver this baby, no matter what size he/she ends up being.
So Very Many Mixed Emotions
20 hours ago
6 comments:
So all this and you don't know the gender? Sheesh... : ) I will send good strong thoughts to MJ and you as well; breathe deep (as deep as you can, that is) and all will be well.
Look- those ultra-sound measurements are estimates. I mean- there's a big difference between five and seven pounds, right?
And I had a 10 lb, 2 oz baby at home with a midwife and delivered without a tear. And she had her hand up by her head. I'm not saying it was easy but it's doable. She got shoulder dystocia but I got on my hands and knees and birthed that child.
And I am not a very large woman.
It'll all be okay. You can do it and you will.
And I'm sending good thoughts to your niece.
Prayers being sent from Australia for your neice.
You will be fine re: your birth. Centuries ago, any birth was do or die, and the population still flourished. We are so lucky to live in a time when birht is generally not considered dangerous. Never the less women still are born with the ability to birth their babies. Wishing you luck!
Kori - No, I do not know the gender - not from the ultrasound anyway. I honestly do believe that this is my girl though. I just feel like I have always known I would have a boy and a girl. Guess we'll see :0) And a'will be well, a'will be well. Yes. Thx :0)
Ms. Moon - thanks for the thoughts for Mj...and I know. I need to trust my body. How I wish I lived in Florida and you could come be with me and remind me of that in the throws of labor :0)
Red - Thanks for the prayers. And you are so right as well. So right.
sent some love to your niece.
are giving birth naturally? :)
Thanks for the love, Ophelia...
As for naturally - if you mean vaginally, then yes, I sure do hope so. If you mean w/o drugs, then the answer is a big fat Maybe. I had an epidural with my son, and honestly had a very awesome birth experience with him. I was stalled on dialating, but once I got the epi, I relaxed and dialated pretty quickly to 10. I was still able to feel the need to push when I was having contractions, which was cool, and I still felt the sensation of him moving down the canal and felt the exact moment that he was birthed, all without pain. So it was really good for me. I went into that delivery wanting to see what it was like w/o pain meds and see if I could do it, but not being set against using the pain meds if I thought I wanted to. I will go into delivery with the same mindset this time, but probably with a little more desire to try and tough it out w/o them. But I won't deny that I will take the meds if I get to the point of feeling done with the pain :0) Short answer long!! LOL
Post a Comment