About Me

I am a 30 year old mom - of TWO BOYS!?!, wife, career woman, sister, friend, auntie and daughter and this blog is JUST FOR ME...In a busy life of putting everyone else first (as most of us mums do) it is going to be one of the things that I make time to do FOR ME...it's going to be a place for me to put down my thoughts and maybe make some sense of all the things that roll around in my head; make some sense of my journey...It's going to be a view of me, from inside.

Monday, January 4, 2010

I don't think I can NOT have another one of these, and Holy shite it's cold

When I look at things like this I want to weep at the beauty, and I wonder if I can truly live with never having another baby ever again. I don't know if I can.

And then I spend a few hours with L and his little Terrible Three self while trying to take care of Baby C's needs also, and I am plummeted back into the reality that those cute, sweet, precious little babies don't stay that way forever. That they become a LOT more work as they get older. That they talk back, disobey, hit their baby brother, and get REALLY needy and whiny.

But seriously. Thinking that Baby C may be it for us and that I may never hold another newborn (of my own) to my breast makes me want to weep, too. And then weep and weep some more.

(And for the record, L is actually a really good boy. He has moments, but they are, for the most part, few and far between. And as I said the other day - I love him beyond measure and wouldn't change a thing!)

And also - HOLY SHITE it's cold. The last few mornings we have woken up to -20 degree temps, with daytime temps hovering around 0. I know it's winter, but this is just TOO cold. I was driving to my friends house yesterday morning, and hit an area that was -24. What the fuck.

4 comments:

Kori said...

Aaaargh...I was just thinking this morning as I realized that we are officially a diaper/pull-up-free house that finally, I am resigned and accepting of the fact that there are no more babies in my future....and then I had to look at those pcitures you thoughtfully posted and WHAM, there go the screaming ovaries again....sigh, it is really, really hard to even think if it, you know?

Red said...

I know what you mean - I'd have 10, IF I could just find the 'pause' or 'mute' switch occasionally.

Ms. Moon said...

Here's the deal- Mother Nature is one smart old bitch and she knows that as soon as our babies start moving into toddler-hood, we will miss having a baby so much that we will have ANOTHER BABY! Yep. It's a ploy, a plot and it works.
Just remember- babies do eventually become teenagers.

justme said...

Ah, sorry Kori :-) Do you want to send Owen over for a bit to show L how cool it is to use the toilet and not have to wear diapers?!? **SIGH** I agree though, that when I am no longer changing diapers and getting up in the middle of the night all the time, it will probably be a *little* easier to resign to having no more babies. But I am not promising my hubby yet that I am *for sure* done, LOL.

Yeah, Red, I'd have 10 too, if I could afford 10, and if that pause button existed ;-)

MM - yeah; Teenagers. **SHUDDER** I gotta keep that in mind when I am weeping over maybe not having more kids!!