Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
I hope you all have family and/or friends to spend tomorrow with, and lots and lots of delicious, fattening food to gorge yourselves on. I know that's my plan; I can't wait for W's uncles ham, his real cooked cranberries (no more jellied cranberries for this girl ;0) ), some pumpkin pie, a little green bean casserole (c'mon, you know you love it. And if you don't know what green bean casserole is, I'm sorry. Truly.)
I love Thanksgiving save for one thing; we have THREE places to go this year. THREE. Usually it's only two, but my brother and his wife decided that they should have Thanksgiving at HER PARENTS house this year and celebrate my niece's 2nd birthday at the same time. Sooo, we will be going over there to watch B open her presents at 11am, jet over to W's uncles at about noon or so to eat at 1pm, probably try to get home and sneak a little nap in for L, and then at 5pm we will be going to dinner at W's dad's wife's family's house (did ya get that? We don't call her his step mom because she is only 5 years older than W.) I am hoping maybe they have some different, yummy food tradition in their family since we have never been to their Thanksgiving dinner before and something different would be cool...
Oh, I almost forgot, tonite we are going to W's mom's house for dinner, and then L will be staying over night there so W and I can go out...it is a pretty big party night in our small town; a lot of people are back in town for the holiday and it is most always a fun night of meeting up with people we haven't seen in a long time.
Needless to say, by about 8pm tomorrow night, L's bedtime, I will be stuffed, bloated, frazzled from running all day, and ready to crash on the couch. I love it.
I hope everyone is feeling equally as bloated, tired, done with family and THANKFUL for all of it as I will be.
So Very Many Mixed Emotions
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment