I just read this from Maggie over at Okay. Fine. Dammit., and all I can say is WOW, and that is so true, and okay, I accept your challange, Maggie.
I have really come to like her.
That being said, I am not going to apologize, but I will say that I will probably be more absent than usual in the next couple of weeks...work is getting busy (YAY!) and evenings haven't really been finding me in the mood to blog, so I may just be finding time to keep up reading my blogs that I can't live without.
But, no worries, I will keep updated on the important things :0)
Thankfully, the Holiday season and lots of days off couldn't have come at a better time...I am starting to feel MUCH better, which I am SO thankful for...I don't know how much longer I could have continued making it to work all day, every day if I had continued to feel the way I did...somehow I would have, but thankfully I don't seem to have to figure that out. Especially with the large, important projects I have coming up in the next couple of weeks, I just don't know how I would have done it...
The Holidays were great...L had so much fun, although after 5 days in a row of opening gifts, he had NO DESIRE on the last day to open any...I felt bad for my MIL, because L actually went and hid in the kitchen, saying "I don wanna, mama" when we tried to get him to open them...Poor kid. So, it was more ME opening presents with L standing there...after they were open he was excited to play with them, he just didn't want to have to be the center of attention anymore and open anymore presents. Can't blame him. He got way more 'stuff' than I wish he would have, but how can you tell grandparents not to buy? My MIL did put money in his savings account for his birthday in lieu of a present, which is AWESOME.
Other than that, *I* am glad the holidays are over as well. I guess next is my birthday...WHEW, the big 3-0 this year...How can THAT be? Not sure. I am not afraid of 30 like I was even 5 years ago. I am going to embrace 30. I honestly have never been happier than I have been the last couple of years. W and are in a good place. He has grown by leaps and bounds and I think he is just getting started. Being a mom is definitely something I was meant to do in this life, and it is a joy. L has brought more love to my heart than I ever thought possible and this new baby will bring that much more (although I am still trying to figure out how my heart will not explode!). My career is in a good place. Even with the economic instability, I feel pretty safe where I am at...at least for now. But even still, *I* have grown too, and I know that no matter what happens, we *WILL* make it through, and somehow, everything will be alright. As long as we have our love and each other, the rest is just 'stuff'.
So, yeah. Looking forward to 30 and 2009.
I have my 12 week check up on my 30th birthday...Hah, good way to celebrate; with my doctors hand up my who-ha...LOL. It will be good as long as my BP is at a tolerable level. And we will (hopefully) get to hear the heartbeat that we saw at 6 weeks, which ALWAYS is exciting, and helps to alleviate worried pregnant minds and help convince me that this is indeed really happening :0)
So here's to a new year, and a new decade.
So Very Many Mixed Emotions
20 hours ago
1 comment:
I love my 30's, I really do. Here's to hoping they are excellent for you as well. Besides-they will be here whether you embrace them or not, right? :) Hope you are feeling well, or at least tolerable.
Post a Comment