(Warning: Possibly more than you want to know pregnancy stuff.)
It's not that bad, but I just want to put that warning up there because this IS about pregnancy stuff...and maybe someone reads and just doesn't want to know about dilation and softening and pain etc, etc. So if you don't, then stop reading now.
So I had a checkup yesterday, 36 weeks 5 days pregnant, another 4# gained (it's all water at this point, it's all water...if I keep telling myself that I think I will be okay ;0) ) bringing my total weight gain to 40 pounds. As Kori would say, MEH. Whatever. I have lost more than that before, I can do it again.
I talked to the doctor about how I have been feeling the last couple of days, and she said that the contractions I have been feeling are probably the real deal, just early ones, and she was so funny cuz she started to get excited about checking my cervix! She said "I am excited to check and see what's happening down there!" She cracks me up. The she also said she was hoping something was happening, cuz she didn't want to have to tell me that there wasn't anything going on yet.
No worries there...she was hardly even up in there when she said "Whoa, baby is RIGHT THERE." Which doesn't surprise me. I pretty much could tell that from the way I have been feeling, and L was the same way. I mean, you should have seen the cone head on that boy. He even had the doctor worried for a bit. I will have to share that photo sometime, even though W HATES it, and curses me for showing ANYONE, and would totally delete it if he really knew where to find it...But I am SO glad I took it, because even *I* didn't realize how bad of a cone head he had until a couple months later when I looked at the photo and my jaw hit the floor. It was BAAD. But look at him now; he's got a fine head, and he is possibly the cutest little boy EVER. :0)
But anyway...so baby is right down in there, and my cervix is very soft and dilated to about a 2. So not much, but it is enough for me. At least something is happening. And I know I could walk around like this with no change for 2 or 3 more weeks, but I also know that I could go tonight.
We talked about the pain, and about bowel movements; but I won't subject you to that...THAT would be going a bit too far, I think. But basically, we came to the conclusion that the pain is coming from the baby being SO LOW and not from anything dire. Of course, if it continues, or gets worse, or if I have ANY doubts, she encouraged me to call OB and come in.
After my appointment with the doctor, I got to have another massage with my wonderful friend L. And whatever she did, she did right, cuz I must say I am feeling a lot better today than I did the whole beginning of this week. She relaxed something that was just way too wound, and I feel loose and good today. I was SO RELAXED and TIRED last night, and I crashed on the couch at 8:30 pm, which is pretty early for me. I feel refreshed today.
My friend L also did a little massaging of some various pressure points and muscle groups that can be helpful in encouraging the onset of labor. We will see.
On the name front, I am really kinda falling in love with the name Cretia. Cretia Lyn. Or maybe Lucretia Lyn, which I kinda like because I like the idea of both of the kids names starting with L. I could call her Cree for short. Most of my family and friends have recoiled when I say it (including W) save for a few who like it, but I really really think I like it and I really really think I don't care what any of them think. Except for W; I guess I really have to take his opinion into consideration, but I already told him that I have veto power on this one cuz he got to name L...hehehehe. Not that I would name our child something that he ABSOLUTELY HATED, like Chloe (he thinks it's a stripper name!) but I think if I REALLY feel like this baby is a Cretia, that I can convince him to go with me ;0). I guess we will see when the baby comes.
So Very Many Mixed Emotions
20 hours ago
2 comments:
I'm so glad that things are moving apace. What great news!
Thank you for the warnings about the possible TMI's... I've been TERRIBLE at the commenting thing all around, but I DO READ!
I don't know if I love the name Cretia, but I do like Cree or Crea. And you mentioned L words. I have this weird thing where I love when I guy calls me "lady"... Don't know how this relates to naming a baby, but I thought I'd share.
Also, I'm totally jealous about this homemade strawberry jam thing. I would devour an english muffin w/ butter and jam RIGHT NOW!
Ok gotta go forage for food. All I have is a bazillion chocodiles. LOL
Post a Comment