About Me

I am a 30 year old mom - of TWO BOYS!?!, wife, career woman, sister, friend, auntie and daughter and this blog is JUST FOR ME...In a busy life of putting everyone else first (as most of us mums do) it is going to be one of the things that I make time to do FOR ME...it's going to be a place for me to put down my thoughts and maybe make some sense of all the things that roll around in my head; make some sense of my journey...It's going to be a view of me, from inside.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Coloring my world

I took the day off work to get a jump on painting the hall and our bedroom while the boy is out of my hair at daycare :0) There is a lot of organizing and purging that needs to be done before I can even get started painting...

I am almost embarrassed to say that there is probably enough clothing on my bedroom floor in piles to fill 4 garbage bags; just the normal size, not industrial leaf collecting outdoor size bags, but still!!. I think it is time to accept the fact that I may NEVER fit into some of that clothing again, and even if I do, by the time I do I don't think some of it will be the style of clothing I will want to be wearing then :0)

That pile of clothing gives some insight into my question of where the hell all our money went before we had L...Seriously, there are 12, TWELVE, pairs of jeans in a pile that no longer fit me...They aren't all in great shape, but still wearable, and some ARE practically brand new...Those I will keep in hopes that a size 12 IS in my future...That is, of course, assuming that my POST baby size 12 will even fit into my pre-baby size 12 jean cut...**SIGH**

L (and any future babies) are DEFINITELY worth it though, don't get me wrong!

Now, I have 2 pairs of slacks dress pants, 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of workout/sweatpants, about 7 tops that I rotate between for work, and a few t-shirts and sweatshirts that fit me...I am sure to find a few more things in those piles that also fit me now, to add to my current wardrobe. But most of it is going to Goodwill, or that Epilepsy foundation that is always picking stuff.

Anyway, so I am painting today, in preparation for our new carpet. I am still so excited! R came by last weekend and helped me pick carpet and paint colors, thanks R :0) I did a test of the lighter brown in the stairway hall, and I am a *bit* concerned that it might be too dark for that small space, but I have to remember that the carpet is a lot lighter than the existing wood flooring, so that is going to lighten the space up too...Not exactly sure what I am going to do with that yet, if I am going to use it, or possibly go a shade lighter.

I also already have a crockpot full of apples cooking away to make applesauce. I did a small batch last weekend, and it turned out pretty good, so I am tweaking my ingredients a titch, and making a large batch today to can for over the winter. YUMM-O :0)

So, I suppose I had better get my butt off this computer and get moving...I have the tunes CRANKED on the computer, and am excited to get to it. Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

goin-crazy said...

You are very welcome. Stick with the second brown we picked out. I think in the long run, you will like it much better. The tone is a better match not only to the carpet, but to the other colors for your room.

I always take clothing donations...if you something super cute...send it my way!

You will have to take a look through my closet. I have tons of stuff in there and a bunch that would fit you. I think I buy too many clothes to compensate for not feeling like I had enough when I was a child. It is a little crazy!

Kori said...

That sounds like a good day in the making; have fun!

justme said...

Yeah, R, you were right :0)

On the clothing, I probably don't have anything you want, but it will still be at my house this weekend when we have our little gathering, so we can go through it while D and J are getting their Soul Portraits :)

I will definitely take you up on going through your bigger clothes someday.

Oh, hey, did the boots work out for you at all?? I hope so, especially those brown ones were too frickin cute.