L cried when I left him at daycare today.
He is so not a 'don't leave me at daycare' crier. Seriously. I can count on less than one hand how many times he has cried when I have left him in the 19 mos that he has been going there.
It was horrible. Heart wrenching. He gave me my hug and kiss and went in the other room and was fine. I had to call J back cuz I forgot to tell her something, and L came back into the kitchen starting to cry "Mommy", so I gave him another hug and pried him off of me and convinced him to go in the other room and watch out the porch windows and wave to me while I left, which turned out to be worse; watching him stand in the window, tears streaming down his little face crying "Momma!"
**SIGH**
He's not feeling the best, and that's why he cried. He had a hard time sleeping, was up coughing and tossing and turning, and even ended up in our bed for awhile, which is UBER rare.
Thank goddess he is not an every day crier when I leave him at daycare...I don't think I could leave him every day if he cried like that.
So even though I know he was fine before I even got to the stoplight, it still makes me sad.
Poor Baby.
Poor Mommy.
So Very Many Mixed Emotions
20 hours ago
3 comments:
Oh, that is so hard. I feel for both of you. Even knowing that he is fine once you left, it is still heartbreaking.
My darling little girl has started crying every day when I leave her. She is attached to me when we get home too. She has to hug and kiss me a million times before going to sleep.
Both have been extra clingy this week. I think they thought I was not coming back after my weekend away.
Ahw :0( It makes it so hard to leave them!
I can iimagine the thought crossed your mind that it would be nice to have an extended stay at the spa for like a month, huh?
Post a Comment