I am really looking forward to Christmas; L doesn't understand it yet, but he recognizes Santa, and says "ho ho Mewy Qwimas" and I think when we start opening presents he is going to get excited about all of the stuff he is getting.
I really didn't get him much from us; between the three sets of grandparents, my brother and SIL, great grandma, great aunts on my FIL's side, family friends on my parents side, etc etc he is going to get way more STUFF than I am comfortable with anyway, so we only got him 3 things, one of which we bought on sale last year, and the other two only cost me a total of $10. Plus about $10 worth of stuff for his stocking.
W and I didn't get each other anything this year, since I got my vacuum and he his drill in the last month, plus our new carpet, we figured that was plenty for us. I did get him some of his favorite candy for his stocking, though :0)
I am really looking forward to spending time with our families this week. Tonight we are getting together with my mom and dad and my brother and his family. Tomorrow we go to a couple of private Christmas parties held in the little town where I grew up; the little bar (THIS bar) and the supper club open for a few hours for the locals / regular customers, have free snacky food and a couple of free drink tickets, and I LOVE it because I get to see a bunch of people I have known my whole life but only see at this one time each year (which is really enough for most of them hehe). I love catching up with people and showing off my little L. We have done this on Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember, and it really is a huge part of Christmas tradition for me.
(Oh, and the woman whom this letter was written to will be there tomorrow and I am excited to see her and her family. We have not had the chance to talk since she recieved the letter, but she had called and left me a very nice message that she really appreciated the letter, that it made her cry, that I really mean a lot to her as well, and that she was going to keep the letter, and thanks. Her father also said some kind words to me when I saw him shortly after. I could tell that it had touched them in just the way I had hoped it would. So I am excited to see her and to share the happiness of my pregnancy with her as well...)
Tomorrow evening, we will head to my mom and dads once again, and have mom's pizza burgers and home made chip dip. Our family friends C & J will be there, and I love them so and am so excited to see them as it has been quite a while.
Christmas morning we will spend a little time with just the three of us and have L open his few gifts. At noon we head to W's dad and his wife's house for lunch with their side of the family...it is small; there are only about 10 of us. There we have the whole traditional Christmas meal; ham, potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, fruit salad, some of uncle A's home made pickles, pie and ice cream. Thankfully we don't have anywhere to go that evening, cuz after that I really just need to go lay on the couch!!
On Saturday afternoon we get together with W's dad and his wife only and have our own private little Christmas. And on Sunday afternoon we head over to W's mom's house for dinner with her and her boyfriend. She is making her homemade pizza, which is, of course, to die for.
It gets to be a lot, and I am always thankful when it is over, but I love it.
I hope everyone has family and friends to spend at least some time with this Holiday (and that they find at least SOME joy in it...I know not everyone looks forward to getting together with family).
Then it is L's birthday next week.
WOW.
2 years already.
How did that happen?
And the baby...
It is starting to become more real to me now. With L, I felt an instant attachment. From the second I knew I was pregnant I felt a bond...With this baby, it is feeling different. I know when I start feeling her move and become aware of her with me constantly (in ways other than the fact that I feel like shit) that the bond will form. I am feeling the usual nervousness of having enough room in my heart to love another the way I love L; and am feeling worried that it won't feel as special with this one, but I know that all those fears will be for naught, and that I will love this one just as much as I love L as soon as I hold her in my arms...
(NO, I do not know that this baby is a girl, but I HATE that people feel it is okay to default to 'he' when talking about a baby in the womb, but get weirded out or laugh when I use the 'she' default, and so, of course, I like to default to 'she'...and YES, I do hope this one is a girl, but will be completely happy with another boy...)
This is what the little bean looks like this week:


Not much different but she is now between 1/2"-3/4" long and developing rapidy.
No comments:
Post a Comment