I wanted my blog to be about more...because *I AM* so much more than just a mom to my child(ren). I wanted to have a place to express all these ideas and thoughts and questions and crap that rolls around in my head. And then sprinkle a little sickeningly sweet celebration of L in the mix, while totally keeping it real ;0)
There are lots of bloggers who do this, if you doubt it, check out her or him or him or her. They all rock. And they definitely talk about their kids, but their blogs are so much more than just that.
So, in my one track pregnancy frame of mind, I am going to try to keep this blog away from being JUST a diary of my pregnancy, but I can make no promises. But like my good friend R said; My blog, My rules.
So, I am 7 weeks + 5 days pregnant and it is amazing to me that this little being inside of me already looks like this:

And amazing how quickly things develop....
Hands at 48 days

Hands at 51 days

And the feet...
51 days

60 days

Amazing, isn't it? Even though the little bean is only 11mm long (think .43 inches, less than 1/2 of an inch...) he or she already has little fingers and toes. And a beating heart. And a few organs. And eyes.
Wow.
The other amazing thing is that a little being less than 1/2 of an inch long can make a full size human being feel like such dogshit.
And that that same human knows it will all be worth it in the end.
3 comments:
Oh hm, is the nausea still kicking your ass? ha ha, I know it bites but is SO worth it, right? Are you tired as all get out, too? I would say "poor thing."
WOW.
Those pictures are incredible, they just whooooooosh me right back to those moments and make me wonder if I'll ever be pregnant again. It's not in the plans, but every once in a while I get a little twinge... this is one of those times.
Thanks for the shout-out. I was just coming over here to thank you for your comment about my cousin, and imagine my surprise when I saw this sweet link love. It blows my mind that people I don't even know are thinking about my family right now. It helps so much. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your kindness.
Congrats on your pregnancy!
Kori~
Absolutely still kicking my ass, but absolutely will be worth it...I just talked to my Dr yesterday about taking vitamin B6 as I have read that some women have success with it helping with nausea, and she said absolutely...take it in conjunction with Unisom (obviously I can only take the unisom at night since I have to TRY to work during the day, LOL) and that it has been extensively studied and is used all the time in other countries (she is from Canada, and she ROCKS!)...so I just started that last night, and maybe it was just the Unisom that actually allowed me a good night's sleep, but I actually DO feel a bit better today! I am not so tired this morning and not as nauseous! Yes, the exhaustion is HORRIBLE too...by 11 am at work I am fighting to stay awake and keep my head off my desk...probably doesn't help that things are pretty quiet around here right now...
Thanks Maggie! And you're welcome and I mean it, I think you ROCK :0) I am so glad I found your blog!
I am sure I will keep posting the cool pics throughout pregnancy, so feel free to stop back...you can live vicariously through my pregnancy for a little bit ;0)
Post a Comment