So, I got the idea to do this blog from my friend R...who rocks, BTW. She started one because writing has always been near and dear to her heart, and has helped her get through and sort through rocky times in the past, and she is hoping that it can do the same for her again.
We met for lunch a couple of weeks ago when we discovered we really needed a bit of each other's energy; we really needed to take a minute out of our busy lives and have some US time. Unfortunately, that is something that doesn't happen as often as we'd like, but luckily the foundation of our friendship is ROCK SOLID, baby, and we know that just because we don't see each other as often as we may like, we love each other no less, and that when needed, we are only a phone call away, with shoulders always ready to lean on.
So in the course of our lunch, we determined that we both are feeling a bit lost in our lives right now...both feeling like we are floundering a little, looking for something that we can't quite name; can't quite put our finger on. I am not sure that the something each of us are looking for is necessarily the same, but it is leaving us with a similar taste in our mouths. I know a lot of mine has to do with my spiritual journey; my journey away from the patriarchal religion of my childhood and onto something different that feels much more like HOME to me. It has to do with all of the doors that my journey is opening, and all of the questions that it is raising, and all of the unknowns that I am trying to make known. It would be easier if I could just feel HOME in that which I was raised, but I can't. But, I digress, that is another post all together.
R's life journey is currently presenting her with trials much different than those that I know in my adult life, but IMO it all boils down to the same thing in the long run; the lessons we are here to learn in this life...
So R tells me the other day that she has started a blog....getting back into writing hoping it will help her sort through everything. I asked her to send me the link, if she didn't mind. She did and I read it...
Gee, I thought, I think I may enjoy that too. I could use it right now as well. I too have a history with the written word; a rummage through my old 'treasure chest' will produce roughly a half a dozen notebook journals from my preteen and teen years, a time of much turmoil in my life. (I know that by no means do I hold the trademark on teenage turmoil.) But they are there, none the less...Writing helped me sort through a lot of stuff, and I just can't bring myself to throw them away, even though I feel weird reading back through them. I mostly just use them for date references when DH (dear hubby...'dear' used loosely sometimes!) insists that X happened before Y but after Z, and I need to prove him wrong.
So I have plenty of history and love of keeping a journal, and so I thought I would try this blog thing, and ya know what? It feels REALLY good. I composed my first post yesterday, and it felt SOO GOOD to put it all down on paper...err, um on computer, I guess, LOL. That is the one thing that is going to take a bit of getting used to, the idea that this is out there on the world wide web (hehehe) and that really anybody could 'potentially' see it, but I guess when you think about it, it is less scary then a paper diary, as those who are likely to stumble across a paper diary are more likely to be those that you DON'T want to see it, where those who stumble across this are more likely to be people I don't know and never will know...I also kinda miss the personal touch of actually writing in my own hand, but MAN typing is a lot easier and quicker!!! I haven't even told anyone about it yet, haven't given anyone the link...that may take awhile :0)
So, I started this blog as a place to record my thoughts and this journey that I am on. I actually named it after one of my old journals, a journal of poetry and thoughts that I started when I was 17 and encompasses only about 2 years of life. It was called "Me from the inside". It was pretty deep, lol. So I guess this is going to be an extension of that...only like 12 years later. If anyone is reading this, I hope you enjoy my random thoughts.
So Very Many Mixed Emotions
19 hours ago
1 comment:
I always enjoy your random thoughts. And I can't complain about a post that includes how much I rock in the the first sentence! :)
Post a Comment