My baby spoke a sentence. He did, and it made sense and it was in context! Seems like just yesterday he was barely saying a word and now he spoke a sentence...
We were sitting in church on Sunday (I know, NOT a likely place for me to be, but I have not come completely clean with my family about how my religious beliefs etc have changed, and it was mass for W's grandpa, and it won't kill us, and it was actually a little funny cuz the priest did the sermon on how we should be voting come November, and he did a real good job of letting everyone know who they should be voting for w/o mentioning any names...He didn't have any affect on my decision of who to vote for, however. I now use every rare trip to church to remind me of why we do not attend regularly, but also as a reminder that there ARE SOME good things that can come of it and not to discount it completely) and L was super quiet, just sitting in my lap looking around at all the people and taking it all in while holding on to my neck with a death grip. After we got through the initial part of mass where we are standing and sitting and standing and got to the part where we get to sit for a bit I asked L if he would like to color, to which he enthusiatically said YES! So I got out the crayons and the notepad and he proceeded to draw pretty yellow and blue ("Boo!") and green ("Reen!") circles and jagged lines, and then proclaimed in a bit too loud voice that echoed through the quiet church "Ooooh, I did that!!" as he pointed to the squiggles on the page. Yes you did baby boy, and you just spoke a sentence, too!?!?!
He continued to tell me through mass how "I did that!", as well as on Monday when I picked him up from daycare and he showed me the page of stamping that he had done that day. "Mama, I did that!" as he held the page out for me to see...
**SIGH**
It is SOOO sweet and amazing to hear him speak like this, and at the same time makes me so sad that he is growing so fast. But then today, I was reading Kori's guided journal post in which she has to describe the unique strengths of all her kids and I thought WOW, I can't wait until my child(ren) are old enough that I can see in them unique strengths and weaknesses, and see who they really are and become as people...How cool (hopefully more cool than scary) is that going to be?
So, as much as L speaking a sentence really FREAKS ME OUT, there is SO much to look forward to, and the sentence speaking is just another reminder to me to REALLY enjoy the time I have with L each and every day and never take one day or phase for granted because tomorrow we could be past that and on to the next one.
So Very Many Mixed Emotions
20 hours ago
1 comment:
Oh crap, didn't know people were actually reading those, ha ha. My owen is now stringing words together like mad: his most recent is "I go bye bye Daddy car," or "I tell daddy on you." Nice. And so grown up, and even though it is necessary and good and all that jazz, it is so, so bittersweet.
Post a Comment