About Me

I am a 30 year old mom - of TWO BOYS!?!, wife, career woman, sister, friend, auntie and daughter and this blog is JUST FOR ME...In a busy life of putting everyone else first (as most of us mums do) it is going to be one of the things that I make time to do FOR ME...it's going to be a place for me to put down my thoughts and maybe make some sense of all the things that roll around in my head; make some sense of my journey...It's going to be a view of me, from inside.

Friday, February 20, 2009

From the mouth of the babe...part whatever; I lost count

I have been really bad at writing all these cute little speech momentos down lately. I have been really bad at keeping track of ANY little momentos aside from filing them in my memory lately to be honest. L HAS a baby book intended to house these moments, keeping them intact and safe from the fuzziness of memory which happens over time, and I know that someday I am going to regret not making the time to keep score better.

So, lest I forget them, I wanted to write down a couple of my most favorite current developments with L.

Not to long ago, everything became 'for a minute'..."Play ball me, foraminute?" "Brush teef, foraminute" "Nuggle me mama, foraminute? (with his sippy in one hand and the other hand in his hair and his sweet little blue eyes (my eyes) pleading with me to just take a second, mama) " with his voice raising just a titch at the end so that every time he says the word it ends in a question, whether it is a question or not...

His other new phrase is 'can we ____ now'..."Cawee eat now, mama?" "Cawee watch Dora now, mama?" The other day we were at my Auntie Rose's wake, surrounded by a bunch of people that L doesn't know, waiting in line to pay our respects, he in my arms holding on for dear life, and he grabs my face in his two little hands and turns my head so that he is looking directly into my eyes and says "Cawee go home now, mama, please?" while shaking his head yes...

**SIGH**

W said last night that he doesn't want him to learn to talk properly, can't we just freeze him right here for awhile?

Yeah, don't we wish...

3 comments:

Kori said...

Oh, sniff sniff...Owen's is "all week," as in "we eat dinner now all week?" "I take bath all week?" they grow too fast, don't they?

justme said...

LOL, all week, that's cute!

Yes, toooooooooo f'n fast...

Red said...

So sweet!

I often wish my eyes were able to record everything so that years from now I can go back and watch Champ and all the scenes that I know I will have forgot the detail of.