About Me

I am a 30 year old mom - of TWO BOYS!?!, wife, career woman, sister, friend, auntie and daughter and this blog is JUST FOR ME...In a busy life of putting everyone else first (as most of us mums do) it is going to be one of the things that I make time to do FOR ME...it's going to be a place for me to put down my thoughts and maybe make some sense of all the things that roll around in my head; make some sense of my journey...It's going to be a view of me, from inside.

Friday, August 8, 2008

The 'f-bomb'

So there's this guy at my work who really hardly EVER swears. Which is pretty much the opposite of me. I try not too, but I was (practically) raised in a bar, or so it felt from my perspective as a child, so it's not my fault, I swear (hehe). Sometimes I go through phases were I tone it down quite a bit, but then I am at it again. I don't swear in front of my child or other people's children (save for the rare occasion that one slips if I get worked up over something). I mean, I am very professional when I need to be, and I know how to behave respectably in many various settings, but when I am amongst my FRIENDS it is not rare for different swear words to intermingle into my conversation.

Back to my point. When this guy swears, you KNOW he is PISSED. MAN, does it have an IMPACT when he swears. He dropped an f-bomb the other day, and I almost had to take a trip to the ER for whiplash, I swear my head whipped around so fast when I heard that come out of his mouth!

My old boss at the bar is that way too...If I EVER heard a swear word come out of his mouth, I high tailed it the other way, and really hoped I wasn't the one it was aimed at, cuz he is a big teddy bear, but if you hear him swearing, you best run.

*I* want to be like that...I want people to be like "WHOA" if they hear me drop an f-bomb. I think I'd like to work on that.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Hi- I am hijacking, NOt much to say about the swearing but replying to the rocks comment. Did you see my original Geology Post? It included the first of many posts of my rock collection. With it I include the healing properties of the stones. I learned much about the healing properties of stones during massage school. Andy and I go to the renaissance festival every year just to gain more of the specific healing stones to our sun/moon signs. Its fun stuff! I also have a worry stone with that perfect thumb print. ARent the amazing, its funny how soothing they can be. We need to get together and do photos stuff!!!! I am doing a shoot tommorrow morning at Minnehaha, stop by my blog to check them out