Why do people feel they need a plastic grocery bag when they are leaving the store with ONE ITEM? That really irritates me. When I go to the store, if I am only buying an item or two (or 3 or whatever I can carry to my car w/o dropping) I just don't get a bag, because I don't need one.
As with anything, there are always exceptions, and I am not trying to say we should NEVER take a bag. If I have L with and am only getting a couple of things I may still get a bag, cuz having a toddler with you somehow makes even small tasks MUCH HARDER. And I would never begrudge an elderly person, or parent with child, or a disabled person for taking a bag for an item or two.
But I see it often, and it bugs me. Maybe I am being just being anal and b*tchy...Maybe these people I see taking bags for ONE item *are* doing their part by re-using or recyling that bag (but the skeptic in me is doubting it in alot of cases)
Saving our planet has to start somewhere. It's the first R people...Reduce.
Okay, stepping down off my soapbox now.
So Very Many Mixed Emotions
19 hours ago
6 comments:
I wonder if people are just to lazy to refuse the bag. It seems cashiers just stick stuff in a bag without asking as it probably is easier for them.
Now let's talk about one time use coffee cups......... :D
UGH, did you *have* to go there??
The people in my office are HORRIBLE with styrofoam cups; for coffee and water. It is something I battle with them constantly on. They seriously make my stomach turn.
I saw a bumper sticker today that ties into this topic...
"At least the war with the environment is going well"
[[["At least the war with the environment is going well"]]]
OMG R, I love that. How sad and true!
Amen Sister. Thanks for putting me on your blogroll :)
Creepy, I think we are the same person. (Minus the wife and kids part)
I religiously use canvas bag, converted to earth friendly products, meditate, and have the Nikon D70...
WHOA!
Post a Comment